AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my Dell LT150 was defective. I think I remember somebody commenting on a similar problem with their LT150. Basically, about 60-75% of power-ups, the color would be really washed out and distorted.

First, I talked with a service rep at NEC. He said that since it was within the first 30 days of purchase, I should get a new projector, but NEC preferred that I try to go through Dell first (after 30 days, NEC ships a refurbished unit). Well, Dell ordered a replacement to be overnighted to me. The experience with Dell was par for course. They gave me an estimated arrival date of this past Monday. When Monday come and went, I called to get a tracking number, and they told me it hadn't even shipped yet and was backordered and they didn't know when it would ship (even though the Dell website listed it in stock)!! Then it arrived today, a day after I talked to them! In the interim, I talked with NEC again since I had no idea when I would get the replacement, and they wanted a credit card to place a $2500 hold on before they would advance ship a replacement. Uhh, after the Dell purchase, suffice it to say that $2500 credit was a bit out of my range. But since the Dell replacement came soon after, the point was moot.

So the long and the short of it is....InstaCare warranty does apply to Dell LT150's. NEC was courteous and was going to pay for overnight shipping for both ways. Dell also paid for overnight shipping both ways even though they didn't actually ship out the replacement for almost a week after I requested the return. And finally, as we all learned during the actual purchase through Dell, dealing with the service representatives is utterly pointless as I got a different story everytime I talked to them.

·
Registered
336 Posts
My 150 was DOA. I called NEC directly and they sent out a new unit. I believe it was sent 2 day FedEx. They also sent return shipping labels. Everything went very smoothly.

I wouldn't call Dell unless you absolutely have to.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ckolchak:

Yes, that is definitely how I feel now. The new one is working like a champ.

JoeFloyd:

I just called their standard number 1-800-WWWDELL, and worked my way through their labrynthine automated system until I got to customer service. However, you may want to consider going through NEC since they are faster. NEC will advance overnight you a replacement unit as long as you allow them to place a $2500 hold on a credit card until they receive your defective unit. Otherwise, you have to send them the defective one before they'll send the replacement. If you decide to go through NEC, their number is 1-800-836-0655.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just talked NEC customer service because my LT150

has a stuck-on pixel. He said: sorry, the projector has

to have "6 bad pixels in a cluster" to be considered

out-of-spec.

He suggested that I drive it with a source with lots

of static because sometimes that will fix the problem.

I then called DELL and they are shipping me a replacement

unit.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Man, these Dell stories should be gathered together for a book.

There's a billboard ad here in Philadelphia for a professional services company that does systems integration. The picture is a contortionist in a suit, doing a back bend, holding his ankles with his hands, his face between his ankles. He has a grin as he looks up at his ass.

The quote on the billboard is "Does your front end know what your back end is doing?"

It cracks me up every time I drive by.

Kelly

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.