AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the DST3000 two weeks ago. I am happy with the box. I'll summarize the issues that others have had with it and my own.

In general:

This box has had audio issues for a number of people. This includes poor A/V sync and inoperable digial out connections.

All boxes (DST too) except for the upcoming Zenith only send out one signal at a time - either the 480i or 1080i, which can be a pain for VHS purposes.

My own issue: upconverted material seems shifted 5% too high on the screen. Not a huge problem, but it's not good either.

Channels change quickly, so that's not a problem.

Upconversion is good enough for me - I watch everything in 1080i mode.

That's about it.

-Reagan

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Thanks for your input Reagan. I am concern about the 5% shift dough. I wonder if there is a software fix for this?

------------------

Juan Ruiz

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I was wondering if anybody here has had bad experience with this unit. I just purchased one to go with my Toshiba 65H80 TV. I like the format of the Sony's but I am going with the Toshiba because I heard the Sony takes too long to change the channels. Any info would be appreciated.

------------------

Juan Ruiz

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have this combination and I am very happy with both of them. I have not noticed any of the "shifting" that the previous poster mentioned. For the first three months I ran the DST3000 only in 1080I mode... However, I have recently started watching most non-HD channels in 480i via the S-video output and letting the sets line doubler do the digital conversion. To my eyes the 65H80 does a much better job on non-HD sources. I also recently did the 3:2 pull-down soft "upgrade" (if your set is new, it should have it already) , and I also notice a slightly better handling of analog signals on the 65H80.

Good luck

-eB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.