AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if there are people on this board who have experience with the new SN R-863 an R-963 A/V Receivers.

I am under the impression that they should be on the market in the U.S. and they appear to be very interesting products.

I have yet to hear about a review of these products or about users experiences with them, that's why I am asking here.

If anybody has something on these two receivers I'd love to hear about it.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I understand these receivers debuted at the January 2001 CES. I also

understand Sherwood's new pre/pro's will probably debut in the January

2002 CES. What month do you expect the new Sherwood pre/pro's to

be FIRST sold in 2002?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey,

I saw one today, also the Pre Amp and the 5 Ch. Amp. As far as looks go, they are very sleek looking, with a silverish finish. I have not heard them, but my local supplier is excited about them.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey stereojeff,

I was checking out the specs on the newcastle block amp and i must say i was VERY impressed by the specs/price comparison. I'm looking into getting one of them to drive my (soon) divas. I couldn't believe you guys are selling that amp for that price. I'm giving some serious thought to picking one (or two) of them up in the very near future.

Also, I have a pair of sennheiser headphones on my computer and i needed a headphone amp to drive them, so i whipped out my old sherwood 2 channel separate amp (probably 17-20 years old) and i drive my headphones with that for now! The model number on it is "stereo amplifier AD-400B"

It still works great! even though i just use it for a headphone amp. heh

keep up the good work you guys!

·
Registered
180 Posts
The newer multi-block am i was referring to is the model number AM-9080.

the link to the separates is:
http://www.sherwoodusa.com/newcastle/sep_main.htm

I don't have the price on it right in front of me but it's VERY reasonably priced (i think)

·
Banned
2,957 Posts
AGT: Actually, that amp is at least one year old. I bought one for under $800, along with the AVP-9080r at that time and have since sold it. If you shop carefully, you can find a new one on Ebay for around $500. Personally, for $800-1000, it isn't that great an amp, but for $500 or so, it isn't a bad choice. Now the AVP-9080r is another matter. It is a clean piece and was worth double the $800 I paid for when I bought it a year ago. If you are happy with 5.1 and don't want DPL2, then the Sherwood Newcastle pair is a nice option for seperates around $1K.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Jeff wrote in the other forum that Sherwood hopes to have the first R-963's in select dealer hands around December 1. He also wrote that their new pre/pro and main amps will be introduced in January but he said, due to Sherwood's record for delays, he doesn't know when the pre/pro and amp will be ready to sell.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.