AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i got a zenith w62d25 ( ya im the only one here with one) and im looking to upgrade my htpc. My pc started as a ati aiw 128 using svideo. I had a transcoder for it but i could never get the 640/480 output right. I then upgraded it to xp and then messed with the reg to get normal 640/480 out of it. Its over scanned and not 16/9 but it works. I now have a dvd rom in it but i cant use it cuz of the overscan. powerstrip doesnt work with the 128's, it just gets worse and no custom rezs will take. Now i ordered the radion aiw 8500dv, it should be here in a few weeks ( ati trade up program) and i need some pointers for getting this thing working. I need some info on custom rezs for the 8500 models, not settings for the older normal radeon cards. Anybody got some info? I have the rest of the pc, dolby digital out ( tested), wiress keyboard/trackball, quiet panaflow fans, dvd rom. I need to know how to get a 16/9 desktop to look right and how to get dvd playback to look good. I need help on finding a good dvd player that uses all the radeon 8500 goodies or hints on getting the ati dvd player working right ( how the ati can tell i have a 16/9 display and correct the aspec is beyond me, thats why i need help). For custom rezs all i really want is a 640/480 4/3 mode for games with no overscan, and a 540p 16/9 desktop for watching dvds and divx and watching shows on bsplayer. Can someone teach me or give me some info on 16/9 desktops, how to correct video players for the 16/9, right now i cant comprehend how 640/480 can be 16/9 on a pc and still look correct.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.