AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have installed a Radio Shack UHF only antenna on the chimney of my house (probably 30 feet up), and I can pick up Buffalo channels, but the max signal strength I get is about 40, and not all the time at that. I am ready to try another antenna.

Over the past several months, the Televes DAT75 has become a popular choice for long-range UHF reception for many of the members here. It seems to have a higher gain than the Winegard or ChannelMaster models, but it is also more expensive. My questions are these...

1. Has anybody had any bad experiences ordering and receiving this antenna from Europe?

2. Is anybody a distributor here in the US?

3. Has anybody sent one back, and what was your experience?

4. Any comparative data vs the Winegard or Blake models?

Thanks in advance,

Ron

·
Registered
924 Posts
The blake is supposed to be as good and may be better on some channels, there is no U.S. distributor, I have not heard of any returns, I e-mailed my cc# and 3 days later it was here and up and doing a fine job at the 60+ mile distance I was shooting for.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I agree with dynamohum1. The Blake is more expensive and does have US distributor.

In my last discussion with the Televes engineer who is working in the US on a joint project with Echostar, Televes is considering a US distributorship but one has not been selected yet. Try contacting: [email protected]

I've heard they may be the US distributor "to be".

Quick response from CPC in UK on shipping. Antenna has worked great but don't look for any instructions on how to put the thing together. There is an assembly picture on Televes website. Good build quality.

I too have mine above my chimney with CM rotor.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Here are the best "bake-off" comparison tests between Televes, Blake etc. (Scroll down to the bottom section of the page).

http://www.atechfabrication.com/

I live in an area with severe multipath. After installing a horizontally stacked pair of Blake JBX21WB's, I'm a happy camper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.