AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering buying a Samsung DLP from TV Authority. I can see from the postings here that they're a a solid company. However, I'm more than a little concerned about buying such a large, delicate item via mail order. Mostly I'm worried about the possibility and process of having to return such an item if something is wrong.

I'd like to hear from people who've had to deal with TV Authority on defective or otherwise unnaceptable items. I'm not looking for a bunch of praise about purchases that went smoothly, I can find those within these forums or else I wouldn't be considering TVA in the first place. I've looked at their web site but can't find any kind of return policy stated anywhere. How tough and/or costly is it to have to return a large TV? How much will TVA help? How easy are they to deal with in such circumstances? I guess I'm looking for a little reassurance that buying a big TV through the mail is a safe way to go.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Forum sponsor. Forum presence. Great reputation.

Neiltvauthority I believe is the screen name of one of their folk here at AVS. Also, they answer their phone so you should feel free to call them and ask your questions.

Mark

·
Registered
856 Posts
They responded to my e-mails several times a few days ago. But now I can't seem to get a hold of anyone there. Neil gave me his e-mail address and I tried it, but still no response back.

I finally spoke to Neil, geat guy!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Neil (screen name Neiltvauthority, the president of TVAuthority) has been very helpful. I have called them many times during our PB last year, and their service/sales representatives were very helpful also. I would buy from them again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I talked with Jason (x503) at TVAuthority yesterday about Samsung DLPs. He told me that they would replace any defective unit or shipping damaged unit at their cost. If you want to return it just because you do not like it, they will take it back within 30 or so days but will charge a 15% restocking fee and you must pay the shipping charges (both ways).

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Don't even consider ordering it over the web from a place with a 15% restocking fee unless you're absolutely sure this TV is for you.

That said, TV Authority is awesome when it comes to customer service and returns. If you have any questions you should really call them. I think the reason they are vague about the return policy is that they're willing to be pretty flexible (> 30 days) under certain circumstances. If I were buying over the Internet, I'd go with TV Authority every time.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I spoke with Neil at TV Authority today and orderd my Samsung HLN617W. He's a good guy to deal with. I don't think you can get a better delivered price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.