Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm having an EHT Board shipped in to me this week but I still don't know how to remove the one I have now...

There are many unreachable screws and so on and I would like an experts opinion or small guide on how to remove this board,Being an expert is not a requirement to post but it helps :)

Thanks!

ND-

·
Registered
56 Posts
ND before attempting to remove the module, be sure the projector is unplugged for awhile, say a couple hours or more. There is a high voltage module close by and thus no need to take risk.

I have a BG800, not quite the same as you 801s, but I would suspect it is similar. On the 800 the EHT module is on the back right corner looking at the machine from the back of the projector. On mine it is covered by a black metal cover which is part of the unit. On the top of this cover are two screws. Remove them.

The EHT module should now be able to be lifted out of its socket.

ReInstall is the reverse.

Although I do not have an 801s, I do have the manuals on the EHT module for my machine, and would send it but it is too large to attached to a reply. If you want it, pm me with a email address that will accept it as an attachment

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks BlueMartini,

yeah I left the machine off for 2 days,I know CRT Tvs can be charged for up to 17 hours so I was extra careful with a CRT projector :)

I unscrewed the lower black panel earlier..I hope that isnt a problem..

Thanks,

Jimmy

ok I see the metal panel you are talking about I see the 2 screws...so THIS is the EHT..? lol I thought the EHT was the board that lit RED when theres a voltage problem and thats the board I tried removing...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok...found EHT removed it and reinstalled to try again like some one had suggested and still no go.

My model # is 17427 the one I bought was 17425...Hopefully they are interchangeable..if not I hope I doesnt do any damage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.