AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I had the perfect solution. Just moved my 42pwd6UY upstairs and planned on using an HDMI terminal board for video and sound with my Directv h20-600.

Using the HDMI board with the Directv Recevier gave terrible results. The picture was very offset with wrong colors/etc. Audio was fine. When I plugged in my DVI board with and HDMI/DVI adapter picture is fine - obviously no audio.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get audio? I thought the TY-42TM6D had an analog 3.5mm input next to it like the VGA board - but I bought a RCA to mini adaptor and it doesn't fit and Audio can't be switched across slots.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thank you!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Answered my own question, went back and re-tried the 3.5mm appearing input on the DVI terminal board and it works. It is just a tight fit, probably so it doesn't come loose in commercial use.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Sad to say, the HDMI boards TYFB7HM and TYFB8HM are not retro compatible with the TH42PWD6UY. Later series plug in modules are not supported in earlier series models as a general rule.

T Wiz.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.