AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain for the majority of us the difference between the 3D movie of Journey to the center of the earth and the new 3D movies that require both a new 3D tv and a 3D blu-ray player and possible a new cable of 1.4a.

I watched Journey in 3D and have a normal Blu-ray player and a front projector with a 114 inch screen.

Parts of it were great 3D but the colors were generally off.

If this question has been asked I apologize and perhaps it should be a fixed thread at the top of the page.

Thanks,

Greg

·
Registered
5,574 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee14 /forum/post/18308583

Can someone explain for the majority of us the difference between the 3D movie of Journey to the center of the earth and the new 3D movies that require both a new 3D tv and a 3D blu-ray player and possible a new cable of 1.4a.

I watched Journey in 3D and have a normal Blu-ray player and a front projector with a 114 inch screen.

Parts of it were great 3D but the colors were generally off.

If this question has been asked I apologize and perhaps it should be a fixed thread at the top of the page.

Thanks,

Greg

Tha simple answer is that previous attempts at TV 3D used colored glasses to separate the left and right images - with the negative impact on color that you noted. The new 3D uses (mostly) shutter glasses two seperate images that are rapidly flashed on the screen - this requires TVs that can seperate the Left and Right images, flash them appropriately on the screen and synchronize the shutter glasses.

There is a good FAQ under the display section.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehancock /forum/post/18308787

Tha simple answer is that previous attempts at TV 3D used colored glasses to separate the left and right images - with the negative impact on color that you noted. The new 3D uses (mostly) shutter glasses two seperate images that are rapidly flashed on the screen - this requires TVs that can seperate the Left and Right images, flash them appropriately on the screen and synchronize the shutter glasses.

There is a good FAQ under the display section.

Thanks,

Greg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts