AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000HD HDTV cable box from TimeWarner. It has a digital audio out on the back but does not work.

Anyone else have that problem? Is there a jumper inside that needs to be switched perhaps?

Thanks for any info

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Socio:

You might get a wider audience if you post this in the HDTV Hardware forum. The 2000HD is an "STB", not a video processor.

I have a Scientific Atlanta 3100 non-HD box with digital audio out and it works fine. There's a setting in one of the menus to enable digital audio. Yours probably operates the same way so take a look. The manual should show it as well.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
The SA 2000HD and 3100 for that matter only put digital audio out on the digital channels. In my area that is everything above 100. The bad thing about the 2000HD is the digital signal is always active so your receiver can't autoswitch to the analog audio on the analog channels. This has been corrected in the 3100.

If you are not getting digital audio on the digital channels I'd call TWC and ask for a new box. The 2000HD is pretty flakey athough I never had any audio problems with the two I went through.

Tom

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info!

I will try it again on channels above 100 if I still don't getr any sound I will if TWC will let me trade it in for a new one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.