AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our TimeWarner Cable affiliate has finally started to send out some HDTV and they are using the Explorer 3100HD set top box. I have done a search in this forum and have found a couple of threads that say that the 3100HD can output RGBHV and not just component. I checked the manuals on the Scientific Atlanta website and it only looks like there is a component video out. Is this the case? Has anyone hooked one directly up to RGBHV?

Any information on how this was done would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
That posting must have been in error. The 2000HD can put out RGBHV after shifting a few internal connections. But the updated 3100HD only has YPrPb according to posts from other owners. Perhaps your cable operator will provide a transcoder. If not, a search here will show some models. -- John

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, John. If there is no rgbhv output, then I am either stuck using a transcoder or installing a new input card to my projector (IFB-1400, I think). I did some searches on the transcoder issue and it sounds like the transcoders don't do a very good job converting component to rgbhv. If that is the case, am I better off with the card?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shades

I have not heard of either of those cards. Are you using them now?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.