Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

Are there any members of the Scientific-Atlanta Explored Club hanging out here? I was wondering what the gossip is about the availability of the SA2000HD set-top boxes? Or the soon to be released SA8000HD boxes? Can these set-top be purchased?

Thanks Fot the Info,

Bill G

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
Hi Bill. I joined the so-called club last year, with great difficulty because of their bizarre signup procedure. Initially spoke with their marketing folks, who appear to be operating the site. Haven't gotten much from it, but perhaps it has improved in recent months.

Posted a similar query about 2000HD availability a while back in a cable TV newsgroup, and someone replied who may be in the business. He said 2000HD availability was very low, and that such digital converters are rarely available on the open market. He outlined some of the models coming this summer or sooner (6000, 8000), which you can read about by visiting scientificatlanta.com and searching for these model numbers in the products sections, including news releases. I'd hoped to obtain a 2000HD, and have it authorized by Time Warner, since it would give me access to Showtime and Fox besides the CBS and HBO HDTV cable I already receive. A few T-W cable folks said they were out of 2000HDs for HDTV beta testing, but implied getting one myself might work. Sure. Right. -- John

------------------

STOP DVI/HDCP AND DFAST

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.