AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe I have done my research, but want to be totally sure I'm looking at the right remote.

From reading, it looks like the "Home Theatre Master" 500 will accomodate:

The Scientific Atlanta3300-HD cable box

Samsung 151 HDTV OTA box

Samsung combo DVD/VCR V-3500

and Samsung's 32" Flat monitor TXN3271HF

I just purchased a Sony Receiver with Dolby 6.1, but That remote is pretty complex. If I can get the above all under one remote so I judt have to mess with two, I'll be happy.

My concerns are the cable box, as other remotes fall short on the guide and info features. I'm also curious about the DVD/VCR combo operation using the 500. Any shortcomings???

The 700 looks like overkill at this point.

· Registered
5,719 Posts
The key to the MX-500 is that you can duplicate every button on your original remotes by learning from them. Also, each button can be properly named by editing the text on the LCD-labeled buttons, so you can completely customize the remote to your liking.

Even your Sony receiver can be completely controlled. If there are more buttons on the Sony remote than can be accommodated by the 20 LCD buttons per device on the MX-500, just use a spare device for the rest of them. For example, many people place all the surround sound and/or soundfield commands for their receiver in a separate device.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.