AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys,

I got myself my first projector sony HW55 and a 2.13m wide screen.

I have a question about optimal settings when you exporting home movies (made with iPhone5s) that will look excellent on the large screen.

I exported for many years same settings with relatively high settings and size, but now it looks like a :nerd: bitrate is 9499 but how much do I need? so it looks sharp as it looks on LED tv? Luckily I have saved all project files so there is no problem to export all again.

thanks for any help

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
Why not simply add an AppleTV and airplay from the iPhone or stream from iTunes on your Mac? We do it for all movies, tv shows, etc. iPhone movies export to iPhoto/iTunes and look great. Something to think about....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why not simply add an AppleTV and airplay from the iPhone or stream from iTunes on your Mac? We do it for all movies, tv shows, etc. iPhone movies export to iPhoto/iTunes and look great. Something to think about....
thats is not the problem. The quality of the footage doesn't look good for some reason. I wonder why?

·
Registered
320 Posts
iMovie has little control over export bit rate, that's what controls quality, you'll find many people complaining about iMovie export quality. You may want to look into MPEG Streamclip if you haven't already, I use it a lot and it's free and has a lot more export controls. Final Cut Pro is the way to go if you can justify its cost.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
solved.
I cranked up the bitrate now the files are 30% larger, but looks amazing. started with 15000 now waiting to test 20000

·
Registered
320 Posts
Great, the older iMovie didn't provide good bit rate controls which is why I used MPEG stream clip. I found that at some point higher bit rate no longer made the video better. But... The problem is that max rate is different for each video! So you'll have to experiment on a few videos to decide what rate you want to standardize on, or it will take forever testing each one. I found this link that may help with iMovie tips: http://www.reely.com/darren/Guides/iMovie Export Guide/#iMovieHDJump

1 - 6 of 6 Posts