AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the OTA 8vsb module with the Express Vu Model 6000. At one time it did not have the resident software to support it. I'm wondering if this has changed or if anyone has tried to load the US software with any reasonable results?

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
I've not heard any change in the lack of compatibility between the EVU 6000 and 8VSB module.

------------------

"Better living thru modern, expensive electronics devices"

tm

[This message has been edited by Ken H (edited 10-06-2001).]

·
Registered
551 Posts
I have Expressvu and it does not work yet. Expressvu is rumored to offer the software in the future. There are digital tv stations near the border of Canada. As more Expressvu subs ask for the software someday they will give it to us.

------------------

Thomas DiCecco

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have been bugging BEV about when they're going to support the 8vsb and the last response I got said simply that they're going to support it, but no timeframe indicated. Along another line the following link http://pub3.ezboard.com/fsattelitedi...opicID=7.topic has a suggestion for supporting the 8vsb using the Dish software. If anybody out there has tried this I'd love to hear if it worked.

·
Registered
296 Posts
In order to get the Dish software you'll need to reaim you dish to Dnet's 119 bird, you'll also need a Dish access card. Without one I don't think you can't do it. Shut your receiver off for 10 minutes or so then turn it back on. This will allow the use of the ota adapter. When you go back to EVU though you'll have to put it on transponder 11 in order to get picture but never turn the receiver off otherwise it will DL EVU firmware. Too much of a PITA IMO. Also you'll have all Dnet icons in the menu.

J.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Based on my experience with some Dish receivers, you might have better luck getting a Dish6000/8vsb, then use a BEV card to sub to BEV programming. Dish receivers can work for BEV service with a BEV card but may not download BEV software when pointed to Nimiq. Try at your own risk though.

Certainly the best way to go about is to pressure BEV for a new update that can support the 8vsb.

[This message has been edited by jacmyoung (edited 10-08-2001).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.