Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Does anyone know what the options under "Analogue Type" are all about? I'm talking about the options "off air" "cable" "IRC" & "HRC". I can't find any explanation in the crappy manual that comes with it. Is this for future use or does it matter what this option is set at?

Thanks,

Greg

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Those options are used when the optional OTA module is installed as is allowed for on the Dish 6000. But the Evu software doesnt yet support the module on the Evu version of the 6000 (you could download the Dish software onto the Evu unit to be able to use the OTA module if you had cause to, such as actually being in range of OTA digital signals, but thats another issue). So it doesnt currently matter what it's set to.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dan,

Thanks. I suspected that might be the case. I read a thread recently that indicated I could point the Evu at 61.5 degrees and download the software. I'll probably try it eventually as we are within 50 miles of Watertown NY which has a PBS, CBS, Fox & ABC channel.....although none are broadcasting in HD at this point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.