AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone seen anything broadcast in HD on either of these 2 channels. I have been looking forward to something good on discovery but zilch for 2 months....waste of time and waste of bandwidth...imho

·
Registered
312 Posts
It is interesting the different definitions of HDTV

It appears that in the USA HDTV is either a 720 or 1080 picture except fox.

When it comes to Canada is it some type of upconvert.

I believe CITY started out with the expectations that their program would replace the similar American transmission with the Canadian content commercials.

BEV has some agreement with the crtc that they will not substitute programs

A classic example last week the Kurt Russel film was on Sunday at 9pm CBS HDTV and City some type of up convert.

TSN which operates Discovery was somewhat similar. CBS had the HDTV of US Open and they were running a simulcast upconvert.

In fairness to them I have see one or two hdtv and it was the US Open.

Perhaps Toronto 1 the new station will run more HDTV than anticipated,to come on line Septrember 19

All the Canadian broadcasters need a wake up call when it come to HDTV Global and CTV are no where to be found except for TSN.

It is probably the same old story a small nation such as us can not keep up with Americans.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Insectia will be on DiscoveryHD tomorrow morning at 8am.

Hope you like getting up early on Sunday :rolleyes:

-Sp

I was having trouble finding the schedule on the forum so here it is again:

Sep 14 Discovery Presents - Insectia - Entomology is Catching 8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. et

Sep 14 Great Canadian Rivers - Columbia River, BC 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. et

Sep 15 Discovery Presents - Insectia - Scorpions 11:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. et

1:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. et

Sep 15 Discovery Presents - Great Canadian Rivers - Snake River, Yukon 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. et

1:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. ettd>

Sep 21 Discovery Presents - Insectia - Scorpions 8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. et

Sep 21 Discovery Presents - Great Canadian Rivers - Snake River, Yukon 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. et

Sep 22 Discovery Presents - Insectia - Life in the Desert 11:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. et

Sep 22 Discovery Presents - Great Canadian Rivers - Cowichan River, BC 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. et

1:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. et

Sep 28 Discovery Presents - Insectia - Life in the Desert 8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. et

Sep 28 Discovery Presents - Great Canadian Rivers - Cowichan River, BC 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. et

Sep 29 Discovery Presents - Insectia - A Symphony for Hexapods 11:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. et

Sep 29 Discovery Presents - Great Canadian Rivers - Slave River, Alta/NWT 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. et

1:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. et

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.