AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone in the US had any issues with not having a phone connected to the receiver. I want to purchase a 6000 but have heard that the signal often gets cut off. This means calling your "broker" to get it re-hit. Any good or bad comments welcome. Thanks

· Registered
497 Posts
I've had mine now for a couple of years. I've never had one problem with my 6000. Without the phoneline connected you may hear little clicks every now and then as the receiver tries to 'phone home'.

Al Keown

· Premium Member
325 Posts
No problems here for over 2 years as well. I haven't had any real problems with having to call my broker to "re-hit" my reciever, either, so I'm not sure what that is about.

· Registered
2,231 Posts
I've had my 6000 for 15 months. Never plugged in, of course. I have had DTV for 6 years and only plugged it in briefly a couple times when i wanted to see a particular PPV football game. That has been unplugged for almost 3 years now.

I don't use a broker but that shouldn't make any difference.

...mike

· Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies, the source of the information about service interruptions is actually from the people I am buying the 6000 from. Maybe they are just being overly cautious just in case it does happen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.