AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I already started a thread in CD players but no one was able to answer, maybe in this section I'll be luckier.

Can anyone explain to me what Ext. Clock Input is all about? i'm very curious to find out. I think I have one in back of my DVD-5900 and I;ve noticed it on other SACD players, recently cought my attention when reading the new reviews on the Marantz SA-11S2.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
The external clock input is to enable you to use an external clock. It is used to clock the digital signal. Useful if you think the built in clock is bad, or if you want to synchronize several devices. The idea is to allow you to use a clock with less jitter. Probably not an issue for 99% of people, but useful for some. I've never used it.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dknightd /forum/post/15569761

The external clock input is to enable you to use an external clock. It is used to clock the digital signal. Useful if you think the built in clock is bad, or if you want to synchronize several devices. The idea is to allow you to use a clock with less jitter. Probably not an issue for 99% of people, but useful for some. I've never used it.

Thanks alot of the answer, that's what I thought. Still interesting to know such a thing exists...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts