AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While waiting for delivery of my Mitsu 65807, I was wondering whether I got ripped off with the extended service plan. The dealer (PC Richards) wanted $599 for 5 years in home - I talked him down to $499 and that is what I paid. I'm wondering if that is a fair price for a 5 year plan compared to what others have paid.

I was also wondering if anyone has gotten an extended service plan from a third party (not from the retailer who sold you your TV) - if this is a viable option, maybe I can save some money. ( I can still call the store to cancel the service plan since I haven't taken delivery of my TV yet)

I'm very curious to know what people have paid and what route they've taken to get the best deal on extended service plans - thanks for your input!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I paid $299 for a 5 year extended warranty for my WS-55857. Sound Track(Ultimate Electronics) Denver, Colorado.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hi bschack,

Not sure exactly what your plan covers, but I paid $194 for my 5yr plan with Philips Priority.

Thanks,

Errol

------------------
Keohi HDTV

Your Friendly HDTV Tips Site

·
Registered
943 Posts
Try the following url:
http://www.warrantech.com/

I emailed them about an extended warranty on a new Toshiba 65H81 and they emailed me back, that a warranty is available to purchase during the factory warranty period.

Call 1-800-541-6014 and have your purchase receipt in hand.

A four year extension on my TV is $269 for inhouse service.

No, I do not get a commision, but I do not accept any rersponsibility either. Let the buyer beware. You check them out.

Jerry

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought a Mits WS-65908 from Ultimate Electronics and mine was $429 for 5 years. I get 2 cleanings one after a year and the other right before my warranty goes out and if I don't use my warranty after the 5 years (the cleanings do not count) I get half of it back.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I paid $250 for the 5yr on my 46805 (and boy has it paid for itself over and over already!), but once the 1 year was up, I got a letter from Mits offering an extended warranty (cant remember the price, but no more than $300)..

·
Registered
71 Posts
 Abt Electronics includes a 3-year warranty in their prices. I was told that I could get an extra $150 off the price of the TV if I opted out of the warranty.

------------------

Turn the lights down and the sound up!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kealii:
Not sure exactly what your plan covers, but I paid $194 for my 5yr plan with Philips Priority.
Hi Errol,

Would you have contact info or a url for Philips Priority by any chance?

Thanks -- Steve

·
Registered
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by SteveV:
Hi Errol,

Would you have contact info or a url for Philips Priority by any chance?

Thanks -- Steve

I don't think Philips sells their warranty directly anymore.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.