AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering purchasing a 5-year extended warranty for $249 on my Toshiba 34HDX82. Is purchasing extended warranties something that is widely recommended or something to avoid?

·
Registered
186 Posts
A CRT display is one of the few things for which I think buying the extended warranty is a good idea. However, remember that the warranty is only as good as the company that's selling it to you.

·
Banned
3,023 Posts
Such stores as Tweeter will easily make deals if you tell them upfront you will go for a 5year extended warranty - many have reported getting the salesman to discount the price of the set by nearly the price of that warranty!

·
Registered
157 Posts
A different option would be to purchace your set from Costco. They have an extremely liberal return policy.

Prove you purchaced the item from Costco and tell them you are dissatisfied with your purchase and they will refund your entire purchase price (including any shipping fees). This return policy does not have a time limit!

The only exception is computers and laptops (6 months) which is still far and away the best in all of retail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.