AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

After having some intermittent problems with my 56" RP television, I finally decided to use the extended warranty I bought. Anyway, the estimate for repair came back at 2/3 of the original purchase price, so the warranty company said they are exploring a replacement televsion.

Question:

How involved can I be in the selection process of a new television? (Mine has a DVI port and does support 720p, so I want to make sure that the new one does so as well.)

I doubt they'd just send a new one without talking to me first, but anybody have experience having their tv replaced?

Thanks.

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This model is no longer produced. I suppose they could do the replacement model, but I don't particularly like the new silver casing. Also, I don't think the replacement has the DVI port.

· Registered
1,792 Posts
Replacement model should have at least the same features as the set being replaced, and should be of equivalent or better image quality. And of course be the same size.

As for esthetics this is a point of arguement. A change in color is a significant area of arguement, but if they don't have anything available in the same color anymore I'd not expect them to go up a significant amount in the $ range to appease this one factor.

Unfortunetely the world seems to be going silver in the A/V equipement realm. This doesn't look right next to my Cherry Wood A/V Stand and TV Stand and Front Speakers for that matter. And my current TV stand will be too small for my HDTV when I get it next spring. I'm considering building my own stand and dealing with the fact that my Samsung HLP5674W will have a small silver bezel. IKEA doesn't carry much in the way of Cherry Wood finishes (Typically Jump from Ash to Walnut) so I don't have an inexpensive alternative, and I'm not buying the Silver and Glass unit from Samsung. This would stand out like a soar thumb in my house.

Oops Sorry to go off topic, I'll stop now.

CCourtney

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.