AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered my set from CC, and I got a really, really great deal. I also purchased their extended warranty ($499 for 4 years), but when looking around at other stores since my purchase, I realized that CC charges a whole lot more for their warranty than anyone else. I was wondering if anyone knew of extended warranty programs that can be purchased after one buys a TV from somewhere else. Also, CC told me that they don't offer the matching Samsung stand for the TV... is this true? Any advice on a good price for the matching stand would also be appreciated. Thanks...

·
Registered
252 Posts
I believe CC's warranty is considered very good though pricey. At least you can be assured they will stand behind your new TV for the next 4 years without any hassles.

When it comes to very expensive electronic equipment, its worth getting the extra peace of mind.

At other stores, one is probably better off getting the warranty outside the store anyway (Warrantech) since the store is just gonna refer you to the warranty company anyway and not stand behind the TV once its past 30 days or after the one year is up.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jonnny
I just ordered my set from CC, and I got a really, really great deal. I also purchased their extended warranty ($499 for 4 years), but when looking around at other stores since my purchase, I realized that CC charges a whole lot more for their warranty than anyone else. I was wondering if anyone knew of extended warranty programs that can be purchased after one buys a TV from somewhere else. Also, CC told me that they don't offer the matching Samsung stand for the TV... is this true? Any advice on a good price for the matching stand would also be appreciated. Thanks...
How good a deal did you get?

It's been my experience that the price of th service agreements from CC are indeed negotiable with the in store sales droids. Sometimes as much as 50% less than where they start out.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Bought my HLN617W at CC and bought the 2 yr warranty. Got a great deal on the set and used the warranty to close the deal (still saved a bundle). I also purchased a stand from CC Bush VS47388. Much less expensive then the samsung stand and, I think, nicer. Check it out your self

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got the set for just over $3400-- lowest price that particular store had ever sold the TV for.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for your post. I currently have an HLN617 on order with Tweeter, but they don't expect to have any inventory until mid October. I called CC they stated they have 19 units as of today. CC does offer a better extended warranty than others. I do find your price hard to believe. My understanding is cost is about $3,250. Anyway, I will give it a shot tonight to see if they will work with me. I would love to know which store it was. The CC around me are giving me a take it or leave it attitude. I prefer Tweeter for Customer Service and they did discount product a little, but nothing to write home about.

Let me know how everything works out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I first went to several high-end dealers, none of whom were willing to come down much on their prices. On a whim, I decided to stop by ABC Warehouse, a place I had not been to for many years (I hate the pushiness of their salespeople, their lack of knowledge, and the low-end/second-hand/last-year's-model-feel to the store). As usual, a swarm of employees rush me as I walk in. The guy I ended up speaking with asked me what I was looking for. I gave him the model number of the TV, told him that I had spent a lot of time shopping around for the set, and that I needed him to simply give me his rock-bottom offer because I had neither the time nor the desire to waste my energy on silly back-and-forth negotiations. He went over to his computer then came back with a card that had $4999 written on it. He said, "this is the MSRP, and this is what I can offer you..." He flips the cards over, and it has $3810 written in the back. I put a deposit on the TV, get a receipt printed out which has the $3810 price on it, and take it to CC. The manager at CC takes one look at the receipt and says, "we can do better, hold on." He comes back to me with a price of $3428, and I sign on the dotted line. This was three days ago, and my TV comes tomorrow.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by IanMD68
oops, the photo didn't attach
What stand is that in the picture? It looks really good--matches the TV but doesn't have the "futuristic" look of the Samsung stand.

EDIT: Never mind. I am a dumb-butt for not seeing it in the post above. Thank you for your patience!

·
Registered
6 Posts
jonnny,

Can you give me the name of the manager and the phone number to the circuit city that sold you the tv for that price?

A local circuit city manager here said if he can verify this he will sell me one for this price also.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll post all the info as soon as I get my TV set up and working properly. I will try to post a scan of the receipt as well.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My 617 is coming today...Still don't have a stand, though...Ian, that Bush stand looks great! Can you tell me how much space (height) there is for components on the shelves? I'm afraid my receiver will be too tall.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am also in the market for a 61 DLP. Local CC has it for $4399, if I show them copy of your invoice I am sure they will match it. Blackout any personal info. and you have nothing to worry about. Appreciate your input

Thanks Johnny

Peter

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would appreciate some help with this as well. My local CC's won't budge from their advertised price of $4999 (which is the MSRP on the 617). That seems like a lot to pay when I see what others on this forum are getting it for.

Thanks!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Jack:

The bottom shelf gives you 8" of clearance. If you keep behind the front metal support, you get 8.5".

The top shelf gives 7" from glass bottom to front metal support, up to about 10" to the top glass behind the support. You can't tell in the photo, but I have my infinity CC-3 center channel sitting on the top shelf w/o issue.

Those looking for a deal from CC: I went in with an ad from a net vendor and told the salesman if he could match the price I would take the set NOW and buy an extended warranty!. They took it and even with the extended warranty, I paid significantly less then the MSRP of the set.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
A scan of the receipt sounds great. If I could purchase this TV for this price I'd definitely end my long wait. The question would then be would someone match that price locally.

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.