Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm shopping for a 42" Rear Projection HDTV, and I was wondering, is an extended warranty a good idea, or a waste of money? What do you all do? Are these new TV's reliable etc...? I'm FINALLY upgrading from my trusty Hitachi 27" I know, what took me so long...

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Did you do a search for warranty? Did you scroll down or even over to the second page? Only tons of places including its own little thread where this is discussed - not to be hostile, but everyday there are lots of threads popping up from people that clearly didn't read the sticky's for this site nor even tried to finding out the answer on their own

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhdiab
Did you do a search for warranty? Did you scroll down or even over to the second page? Only tons of places including its own little thread where this is discussed - not to be hostile, but everyday there are lots of threads popping up from people that clearly didn't read the sticky's for this site nor even tried to finding out the answer on their own
Here's a hint, if you ever say "not to be hostile, but" you are... Perhaps you shouldn't have answered this if you had nothing constructive to say. This is only a forum for AV for crying out loud, not the UN! All I have to say is, you suck...

·
Registered
15,821 Posts
If you scan through the threads, you'll see many problems with just about every model/technology. So yes, I do recommend an extended warranty. I bought one when I bought my DLP 2 years ago. Since it includes the bulb, I thought it was well worth it, eventhough I have not had to use it yet (but still have 3 years more to go).

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP
If you scan through the threads, you'll see many problems with just about every model/technology. So yes, I do recommend an extended warranty. I bought one when I bought my DLP 2 years ago. Since it includes the bulb, I thought it was well worth it, eventhough I have not had to use it yet (but still have 3 years more to go).
Bill which policy do you have were it covers the bulb.

·
Registered
15,821 Posts
I bought the DLP and the 5-year extended warranty at Tweeter. The Tweeter warranty does not generally include the bulb, but during my negotiations (before giving them my $$), I explained that the local BB and CC did include the bulb in their extended warranty. The store manager agreed to cover the bulb, and put it in writing on the sales receipt. Hopefully, they will honor it if/when I need it. BB and CC do cover the bulb, although the CC warranty is the most expensive one out there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.