Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've just purchased a new Philips DVDR985 ($499.95 from CC) and I was offered an extended warranty for 2 additional years for I think around $40. Is this worth it? They also had an extension of 4 yrs for about $100. I have seen reference to problems with this unit, the sticker on mine says it was manufactured in 2/2003. Generally I don't purchase extended warranties, but if this is a problem machine, perhaps it would be a good buy?

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
YES!!! I certainly did on mine (and I am skeptical about those warranties as well). It depends on where you got it, though. If it is some mail-order place whose reputation for fulfilling these warranties you are not sure of, I don't know if I would. If it is Best Buy or Circuit City, go for it.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Based on input from people who've owned the 985, you definitely need one. They have pretty poor reliability. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
8,099 Posts
I would do it on this particular player. Make sure you read the fineprint on returning the unit (how many times it gets fixed before you get your money back or a brand new unit).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.