AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you are needing to lengthen your speaker wire, and replacing all the wire is not an option, you are able obviously to simply connect additional wire by twisting them together. Is there something sold to keep those in place or to make sure you maximize the connection?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
NO. Twist-and-tape is a problem waiting to happen. Use wire nuts, crimps, or solder.

·
Registered
225 Posts
soldering would be the best option, barrel crimping would be second best, definitely do not leave them just twisted together, they will not make good contact.

·
Registered
45 Posts
lol, oops... better fix mine then. :D Glad I saw this. I just twisted and applied duct tape (I didn't even have any electrical tape)

Luckily the speaker connections I extended are easily accessible. :)

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motionblurrr
lol, oops... better fix mine then. :D Glad I saw this. I just twisted and applied duct tape (I didn't even have any electrical tape)
Duct tape will leave smegma all over the wire. Cut the ends off, and re-strip before joining.

·
Registered
224 Posts
solder together and then cover them with a little bit of heat shrink tubing...it makes a nice splice.

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Yes, and if you butt splice them, stagger the splices so they won't short if not individually wrapped. A good splice can look like it was designed in from the start.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.