AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I will have 3 component devices (DVD, iScan Pro, HD Tuner) that have to fit into 2 component inputs in my B&K Ref 30.

For the math-impaired, that's 1 too many for the number of inputs I have.

What are my options for an external, remote controlled switch?

Any info appreciated.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I assume you've already thought this through but does your tv/projector have more than one component input.

I had the same problem as you and fixed it by sending the iScan to one component input on the projector and the receiver output to the other.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Jon,

There are several options, depending on your entire setup.

I recently picked up an Extron switcher to use with the NEC LT-150 on E-bay very cheap! Adding the remote will put me into the US$500 price range unfortunately.

The Extron stuff is some of the best on the market, and it ain't cheap.

Audio Authority might have something as well, it will be less expensive as Extron, and not as good technically speaking.

Regards,

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I did think it through...

I have a Philips 60PP9601. A phenomenal HD-ready set, but it does not have discrete IR codes for different inputs. Because of this, it basically foils all macros if I use the 2 wideband HD inputs.

And because I have a fiancee, I am trying desperately to keep my Pronto as simple as possible -- this means big, easy macros that do all the work for her, so she does not have to understand multiple inputs, outputs, and codes.

However, if a switch is going to cost over $500, I'm reconsidering the education strategy...

Jon

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Colvin
I assume you've already thought this through but does your tv/projector have more than one component input.

I had the same problem as you and fixed it by sending the iScan to one component input on the projector and the receiver output to the other.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.