AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have digital coaxial signal going into the DAC and 2 analog RCA going out to two powered monitors. I want to split the output analog signal from one single channel of the DAC to the subwoofer's LFE in. Someone helping me from another thread mentioned two problems, a lower signal going into the monitor because of the split and only being able to hear one channel for the bass.

My concerns are; I thought DAC output carried the same bass signal on both channels?

Can I split both output signals from the DAC, and have the extra split be rejoined into a single female to connect to the subwoofer?

I know I could remedy this with a receiver or processor but I would rather not have to pick one up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

Yes I already have the subwoofer, it is just sitting around and I would like to use it in my 2ch setup. The subwoofer only has LFE in though.I'm trying to figure out a way to pair it with an external DAC that is being fed a digital spdif signal.

That stereo mixer looks like it will work. I've never used one before, how do I use it in my situation?

·
Registered
30,801 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blast8180 /forum/post/15578648

Thanks!

Yes I already have the subwoofer, it is just sitting around and I would like to use it in my 2ch setup. The subwoofer only has LFE in though.I'm trying to figure out a way to pair it with an external DAC that is being fed a digital spdif signal.

That stereo mixer looks like it will work. I've never used one before, how do I use it in my situation?

If it has only an LFE input, you will also need a lowpass filter for it.

·
Registered
30,801 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blast8180 /forum/post/15580273

Someone from the other thread recommended http://www.parts-express.com/pe/psho...64&ctab=5#Tabs .

I think that would do the trick right? This would take place of the lowpass filter and it will take the input from the DAC and output it as XLR back to the monitors right? Then it would feed the subwoofer with a XLR-RCA. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

Looks like it will.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts