AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have tried 2 different enclosures (1 being NexStar.3 and ther other is Bytecc. The PS3 doesn't seem to recognize the Hard drive in them at all. Drive is a Maxtor 200gig.

Can someone let me know what type of enclosure they are using for their external drive? I think the enclosure might be the problem since it isn't registering at all in the PS3. External USB thumb drives work fine.

Thanks,

·
Registered
810 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0p01 /forum/post/0

Format it with FAT. PS3 doesnt work with NTFS.

P.S. All of the USB-flash using fat, thats why you can use it without any problems. An one more thing, you cant write to the external HDD.

wait, if you save date from web browser, you can write it to external hdd, right? I dont think it will allow you to save it to internal drive...

·
Registered
2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spwolf /forum/post/0

wait, if you save date from web browser, you can write it to external hdd, right? I dont think it will allow you to save it to internal drive...

yup, you are right.... my bad

Its from "PLAYSTATION®3 General Forum":
Quote:
I use one. Get a USB 2.0 external HDD and make sure it's formatted in FAT32. No, you cannot install YDL to the external HDD because at install time there is no USB support. You HAVE to install YDL to the internal HDD.

and from "PLAYSTATION®3 User's Guide":
Quote:
Music files copied to storage media are saved in the [MUSIC] folder. If there is no [MUSIC] folder on the storage media, it will be created automatically.

OR
Quote:
Content that cannot be played on the PS3 system can only be saved on storage media.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I had an old "one button back up" comp usa enclosure and it wouldn't work - it is only compatable with pc regarless of FAT 32 formatting. I replaced with a differnt compusa one(it was black to match) and it works great

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
the mybook external hard drives work right out of the box

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Does your Wester Digital book power down automatically when the PS3 is shutdown? And can you definately save cds on their using the import function? I wouldn't mind getting another hard drive for a jukebox using the PS3

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.