AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The HD2000 is my first camcorder. I'm looking for a good external mic to improve audio quality.

I'm looking at shotgun mics. The Rode Videomic is popping up in lots of searches. Are there any other mics I should consider?

Given the compact size of the HD2000, I don't want an awkward, gigantic mic perched on top. Who makes a good reasonably-sized mic, and how much improvement can I expect over the built-in mic?

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
I just got a Sennheiser MKE 400. It is a very small shotgun mic, and has a miniplug for compatibility with most camcorders (vice XLR attachment). Sennheiser makes very good quality equipment, especially microphones and headphones. Comparisons with built-in mics seem unfair, as built-in mics are almost always nearly-worthless.

I am very pleased with the Sennheiser MKE 400, and highly recommend it. User reviews are available at B&H Photo, among other places.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.