AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can i just use a pair of external speakers in place of the speakers that come with the Pioneer Plasma, or do I need an Amp to use other speakers?

If I decide to get an Amp, do I hook it through the media box, or somehow still use the speaker connections on the panel itself?

Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachgns
can i just use a pair of external speakers in place of the speakers that come with the Pioneer Plasma, or do I need an Amp to use other speakers?

If I decide to get an Amp, do I hook it through the media box, or somehow still use the speaker connections on the panel itself?

Thanks
Wait! Why does this need to be asked? Should be perfectly possible to hook up surround speakers to a flatscreen display. I'm going to buy new speakers as well along with an Xbox 360 and LCD display around November. The plan is to use Optical input of the xbox on the speaker set and hook the xbox 360 up to the LCD display. I guess I'm a little worried now and fear that there's something I should be aware of before taking the big step.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Depending on the model of the pioneer plasma and the sensitivity of your speakers and the size of your room and the furniture...it may be possible to hook up speakers direct to the speaker outputs....I have some wharfedale diamonds monitors driven by my only 3 watt pioneer 4300 speaker outputs and its quite loud in a large room....but, it sounds better if I run the variable audio out to another amplifier which amplifies better speakers...

Bottom line, it will probably work to connect directly for TV that might be fine, but you may want more for dvd/hd.....

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great - I think that answers the question. I have a 4330HD, which I believe is 12 watts. So I can just plug in a better quality speaker to the panel. OR - If I want better sound, then I use an Amp for better speakers. So that leaves one question - Does the Amp get connected to audio out on the Media box, or somehow to the Panel? I assume has to be media box?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordf
Depending on the model of the pioneer plasma and the sensitivity of your speakers and the size of your room and the furniture...it may be possible to hook up speakers direct to the speaker outputs....I have some wharfedale diamonds monitors driven by my only 3 watt pioneer 4300 speaker outputs and its quite loud in a large room....but, it sounds better if I run the variable audio out to another amplifier which amplifies better speakers...

Bottom line, it will probably work to connect directly for TV that might be fine, but you may want more for dvd/hd.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.