AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running an HSU VTF3 MK3 and an HSU MBM-12 through an onkyo 805 but have had some problems with the VTF's "in" crossover setting limiting the volume DRASTICALLY. As a work around is there an affordable external crossover I can get so that the reciever will put out the 80hz I set for the MBM but only 45hz and below will be passed through to the VTF.

It only needs one input and output. Just for the VTF3.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
If you are using the receiver's crossover, you should turn off the Hsu's crossover, or turn it to the highest frequency.

I am not sure how adding yet another crossover would solve the problem?

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The MBM and the VTF need to be at different frequency cut offs but setting the VTF internal crossover to handle this DESTROYS the output to almost zero so I need the external one to bypass it.

Does something like this exist? Where do you find one?

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have run dual subs before - two SVS 20-39 PCi. You don't need the VTF3 cutoff at 45Hz unless you have some absolutely INSANE fronts. Right now, I've got Axiom M80's which are +/- 3db to 34Hz and an SVS 20-39 PCi and I've got my 805 on an 80Hz cutoff.

Even when I had a second SVS, I just split the sub out from the 805, turned off (or all the way up) the crossovers at the SVS and let the 805 do everything. 45hz is too low for a sub crossover IMHO.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for the frustration and confusion... basically my VTF3 is broken in some unknown way that both myself and HSU cant figure out. It only handles 45hz and down well. I bought the MBM to fix this deficiency and was actually looking at that SVS you have as a possible bridge between the two. I want the VTF3 to run 45hz and below because it kicks butt down there, let the MB do 50-80hz and set the speakers (paradigm studio 60) to do 80+.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.