AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question guys... What are the advantages of using something like VideoForge HDMI connected to your TV via HDMI and using CalMAN as the calibration software vs using CalMAN and it's autogenerated patterns feature also connected to the TV?

I'm trying to see what are the pros and cons of each situation and trying to justify the $1,295 asking price for a new VideoForge HDMI generator when I can do the same with CalMAN's internal pattern generator.

Thanks for any info on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Quick question guys... What are the advantages of using something like VideoForge HDMI connected to your TV via HDMI and using CalMAN as the calibration software vs using CalMAN and it's autogenerated patterns feature also connected to the TV?

I'm trying to see what are the pros and cons of each situation and trying to justify the $1,295 asking price for a new VideoForge HDMI generator when I can do the same with CalMAN's internal pattern generator.

Thanks for any info on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PC cards CAN be "off" and not as accurate as the Video generator.
Add in 4k ability of the Vid gen.

only you can decide need.

·
Registered
10,231 Posts
PC cards CAN be "off" and not as accurate as the Video generator.
That is true, but on the other hand, using the patterns on the PC allows you to "calibrate out" the errors, assuming the PC is the source of the videos you most commonly watch. Likewise, if you mostly watch movies on your Blu-ray player, then running the test patterns on that BD player will give you the most accurate overall calibration.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts