AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Vivitek D795WT extreme-short-throw projector and am seeing a surprising amount of vertical distortion in the lower ledge of the image. Maybe 15mm of curvature with a full 95" wide image in WXGA mode. I placed the projector on my floor and am using a wall that within reason is very flat and 90 to the floor. I've zeroed all the settings and then made reaonsable efforts to find a "sweet spot" setting but no luck.

Any ideas what the industry standard is for distortion in this type of projector and what is reasonable to expect?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Unfortunately there is no "Standard" for the amount of exceptable distortion. I have seen business class extreme short throw (about 3-4 feet for an 80 something image) and the results are NOT meant for HT. There is acurve on that scren about 7-10 mm on the sides. These are presentation projectors.

Some will say they are HT too, and that is true if you can or are willing to deal with the short comings. The distortion is the short coming.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.