AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had anyone that's using privatvpn seem a dramatic decrease in connection speed lately? My download speed is 55mbps without being connected to vpn and only 2.75mbps when connected. I used to have close to full speed.

·
Banned
29,681 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd veeps  /t/1522617/extremely-slow-speeds-with-privatevpn-lately/0_60#post_24484946

Had anyone that's using privatvpn seem a dramatic decrease in connection speed lately? My download speed is 55mbps without being connected to vpn and only 2.75mbps when connected. I used to have close to full speed.

Depends on location you use and time if the day. I got 6.xx speed yesterday through Toronto. What location do you use ?

·
Banned
29,681 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd veeps  /t/1522617/extremely-slow-speeds-with-privatevpn-lately/0_100#post_24487321

I used to get get much higher speeds from Sweden. I wonder if it's a setting on my pc?

From my experience it's times of the day. Peak periods of traffic are always slower. They have a different time zone so sometimes switching to something that's a totally different time zone will get you faster speeds. Also there is a bunch of Sweden locations now so try another if that is your country of choice.

Test it out now:

www.speedtest.net .

Post up the speed result. I could do the same and we can compare.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick  /t/1522617/extremely-slow-speeds-with-privatevpn-lately#post_24487375

From my experience it's times of the day. Peak periods of traffic are always slower. They have a different time zone so sometimes switching to something that's a totally different time zone will get you faster speeds. Also there is a bunch of Sweden locations now so try another if that is your country of choice.

Test it out now:

www.speedtest.net .

Post up the speed result. I could do the same and we can compare.

Will do later tonight

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I've confirmed that it's a setting on my htpc. I connected to a sweedish server on my phone and got much faster speedtest results.

The top 2 results are while connected to vpn.

Here is speedtest while connected to vpn on my htpc. I only got 2.77mbps download.

I didn't take a pic of speedtest without being connected to vpn but download speeds are about 55mbps download.

So the bottleneck is obviously somewhere on my htpc. Any idea what Setting I need change on my htpc?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I setup the vpn as L2TP just using the windows vpn setup and speeds are back to normal. Now I'm getting 31 Mbps download and 10 Mbps upload.

I still want to figure out what started causing the bottleneck on the privatvpn client which uses openvpn.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I was recently having problems also. My speeds weren't like usual and I was getting constant disconnects. Then come to find out that I couldn't access the Privatevpn web page any more.

Turns out I was having problems with the routing tables or something. I rebooted my cable modem and it picked up a new IP address, everything has been working fine since.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.