AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several hours surfing and I'm nowhere close to making a decision on a new receiver. Tight budget~$1250) for receiver and speakers is holding me back--hence needing to cut any extras. Note I'm not an audiophile- just your regular ole paralysis through analysis guy, unfortunately.

My punch list:

1. quality (to an average joe) 5.1 theatre surround sound in my den. 16 by 23 ft.

2. simultaneously play different music on zone B via pandora.

3.All zones controllable from an Android/iOS app.

-Receiver will have direct ethernet connection available.

-5:1 den area will primarily be used for movie tv and sports.

-Zone b used for outside patio music

For now, here's what I plan to push but still researching...(open to others but know that's a separate forum.)

Den 5.1

Center channel polk TL3

F R & L polk rc85i

B R & L polk rc60i or 80i

Sub to be determined under $200

Outside zone b

TBD Something very basic ~around $100 for the pair. Won't ever rock 'em too loud.

Thanks alot!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great thanks JDsmoothie.

I actually picked up a sony stn dn1040 open box at best buy yesterday because it looked loaded with features at a mega discount. Oh and the employee explained it was able to execute the aforementioned... Only to find out via the forum, its an unpowered zone 2 and no pandora direct from receiver to zone b. Back she went today. I'll be scouring the web watching for a sale on the 2 you listed.

Are you (or anyone else) familiar with a comparable Yamaha model and nearer the e400 on price? Thanks again

·
Registered
22 Posts

Stay frosty...

Denon should be announcing new models sometime soon, which should provide us good discounts on outgoing models. I am also searching for a new receiver at this time, and it came down to a Denon AVR-X2000 (which will also meet your requirements as smoothie mentioned) for me. Prices hold tight on this model, though, so i'm waiting patiently for Denon to announce new models where I will then evaluate the new vs. outgoing and see if i want to fork out some extra bones.

·
Premium Member
91,776 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by relmore81  /t/1522063/extremely-wet-behind-the-ears-need-a-crusty-veterans-direction/0_100#post_24475601

Great thanks JDsmoothie.

I actually picked up a sony stn dn1040 open box at best buy yesterday because it looked loaded with features at a mega discount. Oh and the employee explained it was able to execute the aforementioned... Only to find out via the forum, its an unpowered zone 2 and no pandora direct from receiver to zone b. Back she went today. I'll be scouring the web watching for a sale on the 2 you listed.

Are you (or anyone else) familiar with a comparable Yamaha model and nearer the e400 on price? Thanks again

That would be the RX-A730.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts