AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Extron 200 from ebay however when I got it powered up it says "Err:No IO Module" Does this mean something is wrong with the unit? Or that it really doesn't have an IO Card?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Open it up and reseat all the I/O boards and connectors. Something may have jiggled loose during shipping.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually did this already ...but most of the boards have white goop and appear to be seated properly. I try again.

Thanks,

Justin

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Download the Extron 200 Matrix Windows software and see what it reports the configuration to be. Then see if that matches the boards installed. Someone could have removed/swapped a board and not set the dips correctly.

http://www.extron.com/download/softw...ge=2&type=&id=

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok will do. The dips appear to be set for binary 0 1 2 3 4 in order from right to left (if you are looking at the front of the unit). There are also two longer dip switches which are all in a single position.

I will try the program and see what that yields. Will I need to connect via RS232? If so I'll need to pick a cable up.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Yes, you will need a RS232 cable

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all your help...couldn't connect to the unit and the dip switches seemed to be set properly...I just think its toasted. I'll just return it to the seller.

Thanks,

Justin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts