AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am noticing some noise in my computer signal fed to my 1031Q via my Extron RGB-109 CI. I'm not using a 15 pin VGA terminator on the VGA attachment as I tihnk it tells me to do on the Extron CI box. Is that the reason for the noise? The noise consists of small horizontal brightness and dimmness moving very fast vertically - almost like a dirty composite signal or RF signal. Not too noticeable, but being the CRT enthusist and thus videophile that I am, it's bothering me. Is such noise an issue with direct RGB to RGBS breakout cables? Also, if I need a terminator where can I get one? Maybe Radio Shack? Some online vendor? I tried looking briefly by doing a Yahoo search. Didn't find much. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Call Extron. They've got great tech support. 1-800-633-9876.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
myoung,

The monitor port needs to be terminated, without it the image will be overdriven and wont look to good. If it says its buffered you dont have to, I dont see the CI just the XI so Im not sure, to check this just plug your monitor into that port and you will see. You can pick up the dummy loads for this at Extron pn 26-106-01 or call around. Doug

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
The monitor output DOES NOT need to be terminated. It is independantly buffered.

the noise could be a variety of other things. Such as grounding or sync pulse width.

Try calling them.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I'll give that a shot. Wow, tech support on a box I picked up 2nd or 3rd hand for about a 20th of MSRP! If only I could get tech support from Sony without it costing both of my legs and my right arm. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.