AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Extron DB25Female to 4BNC (RGBs) that I've been trying to use to connect a Sony 1031Q to a HTPC. As luck would have it, I finally figured out how to feed the 1031Q the correct sync when I realized I wasn't getting any blue color. I detached the BNC cables and saw that the blue BNC male pin had broken off in the female connector.

Try as I might, for the life of me, I can't get the pin out. I tried a small set of tweezers, I tried soldering a small piece of metal to the pin, and now I'm stuck.

Any ideas, or does someone have a spare adapter?

Thanks

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After a few hours of trying everything imaginable on Google, just about the only thing turning up is links back to this page. I've seen some online stores selling DB25 connectors, but none seem reputable. Does anyone out there know of a reputable store (online or B&M) selling solderable DB25 connectors? Ebay had one auction but it was for 81! connectors. Seems a bit much since I only need 1, plus extras if I screw up.

I was really hoping Radioshack, Microcenter or Monoprice would have something.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the link, and that's the direction I'll probably be heading, but my problem is locating the actual parts to make that adapter. The links to sellers of pre-made adapters go to dead pages, so that's no help. I did track down one of the sellers and they are on AVS, but no response as of yet.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69shelby /forum/post/12913475

I got the 25 pin and shield at radioshack, they do have them

I checked their website and a local store and couldn't find anything. I try again at another store. Was this recent? I've already noticed one item that's on the EboyzToyz guide is no longer sold by RS, so I assumed this was another one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts