AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an s-video source running to my monitor, but the black levels are awful. Adjusting my monitor's settings doesn't change anything, so it appears to be an issue with the Lancia. Any ideas on how to correct this? Or does anybody know of any other line doublers or quadruples with no lag that would be better?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Do you need s-video ?

If component and RGBs are good enough, get an OSSC: http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=52158 . My review will up later this week. Awesome line doubler. Completely Lag free.
The best that one of my devices can output is S-Video, so yeah I do need it to be able to. I've tried pretty much any device i can think of. I've tried Extrons, DVDOs (except for the Edge), XRGB3

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
How did you end up with a Lancia when you had a XRGB unit already ?

You could also consider an integrator unit like the Entech (s-video to composite) or Sony (s-video to RGB). This would open you up for a more easily available RGB or component upscaler.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How did you end up with a Lancia when you had a XRGB unit already ?

You could also consider an integrator unit like the Entech (s-video to composite) or Sony (s-video to RGB). This would open you up for a more easily available RGB or component upscaler.
I bought one off eBay to see if a line doubler would solve the issue. I had tried the iScan one but it didn't recognize it.

You and I have discussed this on SHMUPS. It's for a modded Atari 7800.

How much lag do the integrators cause? What model is the Sony?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts