AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well here I go again.... hold onto your seats ladies and gentlemen... it's about to get dumb in here....

after literally almost pulling my hair out trying to force Powerstrip to use negative sync on custom resolutions that I am trying to feed my Barco 1208 projector, I took Drew Packard's suggestion and picked up a Extron RGB 109 Plus interface (sorry Drew... I know you offered me one, but i was able to pick up a slightly used one for only a couple bucks which was significantly less than what you wanted for yours...sorry... I'm a little too cheap at times)....

here's the problem... unlike the new 109xi Extron box, I don't have a diagram to show how to force the negative sync all the time. on the 109Xi it is simply a matter of setting a jumper....

Sooooo... how's it done on the 109 Plus??? any help would be greatly appreciated.... thanks!!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
^TTT^

Anyone have any idea... the only dip switches on the unit appear to set it into a maintenance/system test mode... I guess this is what I get for never taking manuals with me or relying on them.....

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
You can get the correct answer by calling Extron. I have used the Extron RGB stabilizer (I do not remember the Extron model number) to force HD positive sync coming from a sat receiver to negative for a DWIN 700. The Extron engineers will give the answer quickly and correctly.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Hi Shane! I missed this post....

To get the 109 Plus to spit out negative sync, you have to hook up ONLY RGBS (RGB and composite sync) If you hook up all 5 (RGBHV), the 109 will track the input, and send out the same sync polarites as the input.

This got me a couple weeks ago, called Extron, no help from the guy I talked to. Then I looked in my Extron catalog, and in the specs on Sync, it had the answer!

Hope this helps....Drew

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.