AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an EXTRON RGB 202 plus for my SONY 1031Q PJ.My plans are to have this hooked up and ran it from my HDTV BOX"TWC"It has 2 9pin input and 5 BNC.The HDTV box has COMPONENT out for HDTV signal.I also have component to HD15 cable,HD15-25 pin cable.Can anybody tell me how am I gonna hook everything up into the projector.This is the only part I hate about this projector.Why it doesn't have a normal RGBHV input just like the other PJ's.confusing and so many convertion.Any body can help me will be apreciated.Thanks KC..

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
HMM? I use the RGB 2 input (DB25) with a break out to 5 RCA's.

These then go to my line doublers output that has 5 BNC's RGBHV.

It sound like you need to figure out what RGB input your gonna use and with these projectors you need a breakout of some sort. Then that will hook to the output of your extron box RGBHV.

I dont realy know if this helps it seems liek you already know that. Cable box out to extron in , from extron out to projector.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks VR,

The HDTV box has COMPONENT video out for HDTV signal.so I need a component from the box and how about into the extron.has 2 9pin input not HD15.I have the component to HD15(not 9pin)I guess I need a an adapter(HD15 to 9pin)and also I have Hd15 to RGBHV breakout cable,but the EXTRON box has only RGBHV out insted of HD15.can I reverse the flow from the cable.insted from HD15-5BNC breakout.it will be 5BNC to HD15 and adapter to 25pin into the projector.This is crazy that my SONY 1031Q doesn't have a regular RGBHV input.Thanks for the help.KC>>>

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
You're going to have to convert the componet to RGB then the RGB to 9 pin. The Extron I don't belive will take a component in without going through a transcoder. Also, an 9 pin to 15 adapter will not work. You will have to build a 9 pin to 15 cable. The pinouts are all over the place on the forum. What I did was take an old monitor, cut the cable off, then used a 9 pin end from RS to make the proper cable. It's not hard, you just have to take your time and be careful.

·
Registered
220 Posts
You will need a transcoder (either Audio Authority 9a62 or Key digital) to get the component out of your cable box and in to a form you can use (RGB). I was just looking at a Extron 202 on E-bay, from the photos it looks like input 1 is a standard VGA input, so I assume that you would just need a standard VGA cable to hook the transcoder to the extron. Then the Extron outputs RGB via 5 BNC connectors, 5BNC to VGA cables are readly avaiable in every size you could want (check out PCcables.com this is where I ordered my cables from.) (Or you could make your own based on the info in the 1031 setup guide.) If you buy a cable as opposed to making your own you will need an adaptor to get the standard VGA connector in to the PJs RGB 2 input. You can make one for yourself also, or if your not to handy with a soldering iron like me contact Jason Berg (DAgamepimp) and he will be able to hook you up.

Good luck.

Dave

·
Registered
451 Posts
Sorry man, you need that transcoder to get HDTV on your 1031Q. Another option would be to call and complain to the cable company and see if the offer a "professional" or upgraded cable box with standard RGBHV out that you could use. Or if you are really not attached to cable (pun intended :) ) you could get a HDTV satellite receiver for HD. Most use the standard 15pin RGBHV output. Good luck!

-Audiophil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.