AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered an Samsung LN-T4081F. I'd like to try to calibrate it using my EyeOne Display 2. However, aside from calibrating computer screens, I've never tried anything like this before. (This is my first LCD TV, in fact.)

Has anybody else tried this? If so, any tips on the best way to go about it? Best software to download? Best approach generally?

Alternatively, is there anyone in the SF Bay Area (East Bay preferably) who can do it professionally?

thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Check the sticky thread for professional ISF calibrators.

In regards to the colorimeter, you can most certainly use your i1Display 2. You'll likely want to go into the service menu (not the user menu) to make the changes while using software like HCFR (free) or CalMAN ($200) to help make the measurements. If you don't feel comfortable going into the service menu and screwing things up, call a professional and they'll set things up right for you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I've downloaded the HCFR software and fooled with it a little, but it isn't clear how it works. And I tried to wade through the HCFR thread for instructions, but it's more than 100 pages long!

Is there a step-by-step procedure posted somewhere?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts