AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my RPTV for a week now, and I find my eyes some what fatigued when watching in pure darkness. I have recessed lighting in the room, and I have dimmed the lights.. so that just a little light is available and seems to help. I'm looking for other suggestions. I did notice that when a door was opened from another room to my right, and light shined through that seemed to help. Should I be watching my RPTV in a total dark room?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Get the AVIA DVD and check your settings, contrast or brightness might be off. Since the settings are done in a dark room.

Also the backlight should be close to D65 or 6500K, which is similar to daylight.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

RPTV's should be watched with back lighting ... preferably 6500K back lighting. Illumination of about 10 to 20% of what a 100 ire window box out puts.

usually a 18 inch fl bulb is more than enough.

Also make sure the contrast is in the 30 to 40% range and no higher ...

Regards

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you place the light, behind your RPTV? Or behind the viewer and shining towards the TV?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry.. Dumb question.. you plainly stated behind the tv.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have had that problem in the past. I put a light with a dimmer beside or behind ( or even a small desk lamp on top pointed at the wall behind the tv).

Just a dim light makes a big difference in your comfort watching the tv.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.