1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have :
iMac 2014 with 8GB RAM, using Mavericks
EyeTV Diversity, set to "Dual Tuner".

The problem is this : EyeTV randomly duplicates schedules and recordings.

It doesn't matter how the schedule was created, whether via Smart Guides, or just clicking on the Program Guide. If I delete the duplicate schedules, it just recreates them.

It only chooses a few shows to do this to. It chooses different shows each time. It goes through an episode of doing this for a few days in a row, then settles down again for a while.

As I say, it seems entirely random. I have not been able to determine any kind of pattern.

I'm sure the Diversity worked fine at first. I've had the Diversity for two years. I bought a computer running Mountain Lion a year ago. The problem has been happening for approximately that long, but I can't be sure. I don't recall that it was happening on my old computer.

I did ask Elgato, but they "upgraded" me to a level 2 technician, so now I just get an email response about a week after each reply.

The only suggestion so far is to go back to a previous version, but I have no idea of when the different versions were released. There's no point in reinstalling a version that was released less than a year ago.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I hear your pain. I have had the same problems. I think mine have happened when I modified some schedules. This doesn't happen every time I edit the schedule but it seems to happen after I do the edit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear your pain. I have had the same problems. I think mine have happened when I modified some schedules. This doesn't happen every time I edit the schedule but it seems to happen after I do the edit.
Yet I'm fairly certain the problem only developed after I started using Mountain Lion. Obviously I was changing schedules before that.

It doesn't seem to matter how the schedule was created, whether manually or by clicking on a show, or setting up an automatic schedule.

The duplicates sometimes shut down a genuine recording too soon, or prevent one starting, because EyeTV says there are already two shows being recorded.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I am running OS 10.6.8 so it probably isn't just an OS issue. One time it duplicated most of my schedules 30-40 times each. I am glad I caught that after one day. The schedules are real so the first two in line get started and the rest are ignored. Not nice when the same show is getting recorded twice when you really wanted to record two different shows.

The closest I have been able to track down at least one cause is when I extend the recording time on CBS shows on Sunday evening, they can't manage to keep their shows on time to save their lives on Sundays, and scrolling through the program guide. It seems sometimes I might make some changes too quickly for the program and it gets confused rewriting the schedules.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fair enough. Mine just duplicate anyhow, even if I haven't touched them for a while.

At least I only get one extra copy of each show.

How long have you had the problem? I'd say it's been about a year, but I can't be sure.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I confirmed one bug that causes multiple schedules. I was rearranging my schedule list to put it in alphabetical order. I have 4 tuners so schedule priority is not a problem for me. I ended up with duplication in the low 20's to upper 40's.I didn't try to figure out which scheduled were getting duplicated when I moved a schedule. I assume it had something to do with when the schedule was set to record and where I moved the schedule in the list.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts