AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody experienced using Video Eyewear or Video Glasses to play games and watching MOVIES?

Is it good and comfortable?

If yes, what brand/model is the best and where to get it?

THANKS

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowfaller /forum/post/0

Do you have a link? This sounds like some lawnmower man stuff.

Check this at ebay: 260120633065 and 260119308971

You may google it (video eyewear or video glasses) as well. It seem these products are very common now compare to 2-3 years ago.

·
Registered
417 Posts
The problem with these things is that the pixel count is relatively low. So, while the screen seems big, it won't be that sharp.

I think it'll be a number of years before these types of things really take off.

·
Registered
542 Posts
ya, i saw one of these at sharper image, but there was no demo unit to play with. once price comes down and resolution is acceptable this will be very interesting...

·
Registered
33 Posts
I actually had one of these about 3 years ago while stationed in japan. I used it with my gamecube then but I don't remember the brand. I eventually sold them but I would not recommend anyone purchasing them. After playing for a couple hours, I would sometimes feel dizzy and who knows what other long term effects these glasses could have on your eyes.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruth1983 /forum/post/0

I actually had one of these about 3 years ago while stationed in japan. I used it with my gamecube then but I don't remember the brand. I eventually sold them but I would not recommend anyone purchasing them. After playing for a couple hours, I would sometimes feel dizzy and who knows what other long term effects these glasses could have on your eyes.

Yes, that is a very serious matter to be considered !

·
Registered
417 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruth1983 /forum/post/0

I'm sure it's not as bad for your eyes as the Virtual Boy was...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts