AVS Forum banner

1081 - 1100 of 1261 Posts

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
How would you intend to use it with ezbeq? Always applying the same filters? ie is this a single setup that uses multi devices or different rooms?
So, just as @DesertDog does today, I have a 2nd mDSP daisy chained to the primary mDSP and the BEQ filters applied to the 1st DSP pass through to the 2nd mDSP. I can now use my laptop to wireless connect to the 1st mDSP and make changes directly to the curves, but have to connect to the 2nd mDSP using USB if I want to change the curves for the TR devices I have connected on the 2nd mDSP. If I had the ability to fully control the 2nd mDSP it would be more convenient for sure. And from an ezBEQ perspective, if I could push BEQ to two seperate devices then I would be able to free up a channel on the 1st mDSP and not have to daisy chain, so that would be a useful benefit.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
How would you intend to use it with ezbeq? Always applying the same filters? ie is this a single setup that uses multi devices or different rooms?
My use case is slightly different.

I want to run all of my subs off my processor and have Dirac handle all of the integration (new v3.1 seems to have resolved the phase cancellation issues). I would run 4 x Sub Outs from SDP-55 -> 4 x inputs across 2 x miniDSP 2x4HD -> 4 x outputs to the subs, 1 per sub. There would be a 1:1 mapping from each input directly to one output. There would be no input or output PEQ/Xovers aside from a possible low-shelf filter on the output side to protect the subs close to their tuning frequency.

I would like to have ezBEQ apply BEQ to all 4 input PEQs which would let me get the best of both worlds on the SDP-55. It's kind of a hack to get what ezBEQ can already do with the HTP-1.

Why 2 x miniDSP 2x4 HDs? I already own one and adding a second is cheaper than buying a single unit with enough inputs/outputs to do this. Additionally, I don't think the higher end miniDSPs are supported by ezBEQ.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Wasnt sure if this has been discussed before but is it possible to have an auto update function within the app via button pull? That way updating to a new version would be a little easier and you could choose to upgrade by checking for update and then pressing a button to upgrade to that version? Otherwise I don't have issues with updating via ssh but this would make it easier to stay up to date after initial setup.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
And from an ezBEQ perspective, if I could push BEQ to two seperate devices then I would be able to free up a channel on the 1st mDSP and not have to daisy chain, so that would be a useful benefit.
I would run 4 x Sub Outs from SDP-55 -> 4 x inputs across 2 x miniDSP 2x4HD -> 4 x outputs to the subs, 1 per sub. There would be a 1:1 mapping from each input directly to one output
I think this is already supported by minidsp-rs, in the latest version at least, as per Command Line Interface - minidsp-rs via the --all-local-devices option assuming there is just 1 rpi involved and it is running minidsp connected to them both via USB? It's not clear if it can do the same with multiple remote devices but that would be something to test.

I suggest trying this out and reporting back whether it works as expected.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
I think this is already supported by minidsp-rs, in the latest version at least, as per Command Line Interface - minidsp-rs via the --all-local-devices option assuming there is just 1 rpi involved and it is running minidsp connected to them both via USB? It's not clear if it can do the same with multiple remote devices but that would be something to test.

Interesting. I hadn’t kept up with miniDSP-rs like I have ezBEQ. Looks like there’s some doc updates needed for the pending 0.1.0 version. I only have a single 2x4 HD at the moment so I can’t test yet.

One popped up in the classifieds but it was snapped up before I saw it. Really don’t want to pay retail but I will if I have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
I released 0.7.1

pls note that this contains major changes internally in order to support multiple devices so

a) perhaps there are bugs I didn't notice
b) it might break @DesertDog 's app so best to wait for him to confirm if that is your preferred UI
c) the docs need updating because the config format has changed (@JoeNealIND sorry about that!)

on the plus side, it will rewrite your ezbeq.yml config file to the new format (and backs up the old one to ezbeq.yml.bak) so it should (famous last words) upgrade smoothly

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Smooth upgrade here, @3ll3d00d , and maybe this more has to do with minidsp-rs, but it now appears any MV adjust and/or mute is synced up with the plugin (after a browser refresh for ezbeq), but any input adjustment or a slot change in the plugin isn't synced with ezbeq (but a slot change in ezbeq is synced with the plugin upon connecting).

Reactions: 3ll3d00d

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,092 ·
If you're using BEQBrower I'd hold off on updating to 0.7.1 for now. I think things work correctly with it but I haven't had a chance to verify it and won't be able to until Saturday or Sunday. My schedule is crazy today. A new version of the app will be coming right away soon too. I have all of the API changes that came in 0.7.1 implemented but need to finish testing them. Once I do that it'll be out.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Sorry guys but I need more help, continuing to hit road blocks.

So my RPi 4 is connected and ready...here are my problems so far:

1. Edit - Resolved

2. Edit - Resolved with reboot

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
So I finished going through the steps...it appears that everything is working on the RPi side, except I'm not able to log into the website/app. I am able to log into my official minidsp plug-in by using the IP address.

I entered http://10.0.1.65:8080 per the instructions but getting an error (I got my IP address for the RPi by entering hostname -I). I'm not savvy enough to figure out if it has something to do with my firewall or port mappings. I also don't know how to set my RPi to have static IP address.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Semi-Advanced Member
694 Posts
Is there a setting option in the combined EZBEQ repo (like Mobe had in his repo) for movies that don't have/don't need BEQ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
it would receive whatever minidsp-rs sends, I don't know whether that includes changes made via plugin talking to a minidsp via minidsp-rs or not. @mrene would know.
It currently report changes done through the IR remote but not through the plugin app or command line. I'll add something to poll for changes so these can be reflected given a few second delay.

Through the command line you can target all local devices, or individual devices throught the --url parameter. Through the API, local and remote devices are discovered and available for use. Even if they are hooked up to different raspberry pis, you can configure additional static devices and control them from the same service.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
So I finished going through the steps...it appears that everything is working on the RPi side, except I'm not able to log into the website/app. I am able to log into my official minidsp plug-in by using the IP address.

I entered http://10.0.1.65:8080 per the instructions but getting an error (I got my IP address for the RPi by entering hostname -I). I'm not savvy enough to figure out if it has something to do with my firewall or port mappings. I also don't know how to set my RPi to have static IP address.

Any help would be appreciated.
Do you still need assistance?

PS, here's a few notes I made to add to the instructions, do you think these would've made things easier?

1. This is a stupid one but - can we make having an HDMI Monitor part of the Requirements to the setup process. I was trying to connect my laptop HDMI to the Pi :giggle: Suggest, you can use a Monitor, an AVR, or a TV with HDMI connection.
To add, I ended up not using any of these above as I didnt have a HDMI monitor, and AVR connection kept blinking out. I used my Oppo 203's HDMI Input connection and got it working flawlessly and can keep it connected if I wanna use it all the time!

2. The ezBEQ url link that requires using the current version is not correct, it has a hyphen in one place and dot later on in the same link in front of pre2 part. You may point out that going to the site and hovering over the link will show exactly what needs to be typed in.

3. The part 4 where it says Service needs to be stopped before starting the ezBEQ service, pls explain that this step is only for when any services other than ezBEQ that already running on older RPis - a first time User does not need to stop any Service before running the ezBEQ service. (I was trying to stop the ezBEQ service before running it).

4. Tell users to google how to look up their RPi IP address, or type in "hostname -I" to find it, this is standard instructions in order to go to the ezBEQ page.

1081 - 1100 of 1261 Posts