AVS Forum banner

1101 - 1120 of 1261 Posts

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Edit - Thanks to fattire, he walked me through several troubleshooting steps and we have it all sorted! I'm now set up and enjoying ezbeq :)

thanks everyone

Reactions: fattire

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Yes I still need assistance. I still can't get the browser to open the interface.

I followed the steps exactly 3 times already, so I don't know what is going wrong. I can still connect to my miniDSP plugin via wifi using the same 10.0.1.65 ip address, so that's a good sign.

Regarding your steps:
1. Since I saw you mention that before, I was prepared and did hook it up permanently to my AVR with an HDMI cable, and I hooked up extra bluetooth USB dongles for my keyboard and mouse. It makes it easier to navigate and I wouldn't have been able to even get this far without it. I think this is good idea for quick access.

2. I ended up using "copy link", my mistake was I didn't add the wget in front of it. It seems to have worked so I'm not sure what the easiest way is.

3. I'll perhaps follow the steps one more time and skip this part...I was confused here too and have no way of telling if the service is started/stopped.

4. I googled that part myself :eek:
You messing with this now? DM me and we can hop on a zoom together if you like.

Reactions: b0rnarian

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
@pbz06 - Thanks for letting me help you out! Glad we got you all sorted :)

FYI to others following - He was running an old version of minidsp-rs (0.0.5) and the pre release version of ezbeq (0.7.1). We upgraded minidsp-rs to the latest version (0.1.0; it's released, no more pre) and downgraded ezbeq to 0.6.6. We also setup a DHCP reservation for him. Tested a reboot of the pi and everything started as it should. Loaded a BEQ and everything is 👍 .

@JoeNealIND - This was largely a copy-paste issue from the RPi instructions. It's probably worth updating that example command in the docs to pull 0.1.0 of minidsp-rs instead of the very old 0.0.5. It might also be worth updating the ezbeq pip install ezbeq command to point to the last stable release rather than having it pull current. If anyone needs that, it would currently be pip install ezbeq==0.6.6

I did not dig in at all on why 0.7.1 of ezbeq didn't appear to work. We just wanted to get him up and running so we installed only the latest released versions of each package.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
None of the recent movies are showing up in EzBEQ such as the new Conjuring movie.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Would it be possible to have a button that reboots the pi? I’m having issues when multiple devices (factory plugin and remote software at same time seems to hang it consistently) try to hook to the minidsp-rs and it hangs, which is something I’ll try to log and send to @mrene but it made me think that would be very convenient if it worked to just shoot a sudo reboot over without using ssh. Not a huge thing just a thought.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Reactions: bnmdmj

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,112 ·
it only shows what is in the underlying repos, last update to the repo was ~6 days ago (bmiller/miniDSPBEQ) so presumably @DesertDog has been otherwise engaged
I'll be getting things updated today and hopefully a BEQBrowser update out. I ate something bad on Friday night and it had me down all weekend. Woke up at about 7 am on Saturday doing my best Exorcist impersonation. It's crazy how much that zaps you.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I'll be getting things updated today and hopefully a BEQBrowser update out. I ate something bad on Friday night and it had me down all weekend. Woke up at about 7 am on Saturday doing my best Exorcist impersonation. It's crazy how much that zaps you.
Get better bro!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
I hate when that happens, though usually there's a side benefit in that you lose a few pounds... :)

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,115 ·
Get better bro!
Thanks, I'm pretty much better now. Called out from work today and slept in late. That seemed to have let the rest of it get knocked out.

I hate when that happens, though usually there's a side benefit in that you lose a few pounds... :)
I can think of better ways to drop a couple.... ;)

·
Registered
237 Posts
@pbz06 - Thanks for letting me help you out! Glad we got you all sorted :)

FYI to others following - He was running an old version of minidsp-rs (0.0.5) and the pre release version of ezbeq (0.7.1). We upgraded minidsp-rs to the latest version (0.1.0; it's released, no more pre) and downgraded ezbeq to 0.6.6. We also setup a DHCP reservation for him. Tested a reboot of the pi and everything started as it should. Loaded a BEQ and everything is 👍 .

@JoeNealIND - This was largely a copy-paste issue from the RPi instructions. It's probably worth updating that example command in the docs to pull 0.1.0 of minidsp-rs instead of the very old 0.0.5. It might also be worth updating the ezbeq pip install ezbeq command to point to the last stable release rather than having it pull current. If anyone needs that, it would currently be pip install ezbeq==0.6.6

I did not dig in at all on why 0.7.1 of ezbeq didn't appear to work. We just wanted to get him up and running so we installed only the latest released versions of each package.
Sorry, I've been on vacation for the last week, and haven't been following this thread. Looks like we need some documentation updates. I'm debating on how to handle the versions (both minidsp and ezbeq). It's funny, when this first started, we didn't expect much of a need to upgrade. I'm amazed at how much has been added on both sides.

I hate to say "download the latest stable version", but that may be what's needed. Ideally, I don't want to specify a version (such the ezbeq code version above), for that exact reason. If I make 0.6.6, then we have to keep updating the documentation each time there's a release, and I don't want to do that.

So we're going to need updates to minidsp-rs 0.1.0 install documentation (simpler for running as a service), and some updates on ezbeq 0.7.x. (The general how to use ezbeq page needs to be updated as well, since the interface has changed quite a bit.)

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Sorry, I've been on vacation for the last week, and haven't been following this thread. Looks like we need some documentation updates. I'm debating on how to handle the versions (both minidsp and ezbeq). It's funny, when this first started, we didn't expect much of a need to upgrade. I'm amazed at how much has been added on both sides.

I hate to say "download the latest stable version", but that may be what's needed. Ideally, I don't want to specify a version (such the ezbeq code version above), for that exact reason. If I make 0.6.6, then we have to keep updating the documentation each time there's a release, and I don't want to do that.

So we're going to need updates to minidsp-rs 0.1.0 install documentation (simpler for running as a service), and some updates on ezbeq 0.7.x. (The general how to use ezbeq page needs to be updated as well, since the interface has changed quite a bit.)
And that's why software devs don't like writing documentation. LMAO!!!

Joking aside, you're right, it's a pain in the butt to maintain when things are moving fast. Github has the releases properly flagged as prerelease, but it seems that pip pulls latest no matter what. Perhaps there's a way to tell pip only latest stable? I'm not a python guy so I'd have to research.

minidsp-rs is a deb package but not in a standard repo which means people are going to do what people do and grab the wrong thing.

Another point of view ... depending on how the docs are created, can the docs dynamically query for the latest stable versions and insert them into the commands?

Just posting my train of thought.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Are custom/manual filters on input side in the dev pipeline? For circumstances where a BEQ is posted but not pushed to the repo or for the small % that do their own BEQs? Thanks

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Are custom/manual filters on input side in the dev pipeline? For circumstances where a BEQ is posted but not pushed to the repo or for the small % that do their own BEQs? Thanks
No, sounds like "write minidsp rs commands to load it yourself" or use beqd instead

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,120 ·
No, sounds like "write minidsp rs commands to load it yourself" or use beqd instead
Or with minidsp-rs in server mode you can load up through the plugin like the olden days.

@JoeNealIND I'm thinking we should make the instructions for minidps-rs 0.1 default to having the user set up the binding address so that they can use the plugin. It might save some headaches and questions on doing it over leaving it as an additional set-up option like it is now in the docs.

1101 - 1120 of 1261 Posts