Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again,

My last thread vanished..I'm down to these two.I'll be shooting to

a 100" diag 4:3 high contrast screen and viewing from approx. 11'with projector ceiling mounted.I have a DTC-100 and will be watching some Hi def material.I also watch a lot of DVDs but, most material on DTV is in 4:3.I'm not opposed to some other suggestions.These units seem to get the best reviews..great scalers,light output,ect...Contrast (specified) is a little concerning with the mits. Room is partially light controlled,can get it pretty dark during the day.Some natural light..

Thanks,

Alex :confused:

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Mits XD200 had a great review at Projector Central. Check it out with the author picking this over Panny 75/55u, Sanyo XP21, Optoma H55, Infocus LS110.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the XD200 and love it. The picture clarity is great, but the best thing is the colors - very vibrant (especially reds). The high Lumens allows a clear picture even with a fair degree of ambient light, which was one of the real selling points for me (its also really quiet!!)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dags,

What kind of signals are you feeding it,any Hi-Def? I have an RCA DTC-100 and am curious to the 1080i input and how it handles it...how it looks,

ect..

Thnks,

Alex

·
Registered
502 Posts
seeing both units, IMO the 753 will be the better unit in any case.

@ Huey

In the major points ofthe recoomadations of Projector Central I disagree. For me the Mits XD200 - I have seen him a few weeks ago - he will be grat in the area of buisiness, but its red color based presentening will be too much for me in HT

hb

·
Registered
46 Posts
Alex,

I am feeding the XD200 from a non=progressive DVD player (Pioneer 525). I'm afraid I'm not into all the different signals and the differences, I just enjoy watching the movies!!! (and I'm not going to hit the wife with any additional hardware purchases for a while yet)

Dags

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HHelmut,

I may step up to the 755,The 2000 lumens for a couple of hundred

may be worth it.Can you Elaborate on the scalers/doublers of the 7** series and the Mits.Ability to do Hi-def.I'm feeding it a RCA DTC-100(VGA)

1080i and a JVC XV-D723GD DVD-audio player w/525P Component out.I may use the non progressive(interlaced) component out depending on the internal scaler.Any info would help...I know we went over some of this stuff but,I just want to make sure I've researched every possible proj in my price range.

Thanks again,

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hi Alex,

I hope the following answers will help you in making a good chose.

Can you Elaborate on the scalers/doublers of the 7** series and the Mits.Ability to do Hi-def

Hi-def that's 720p and 1080i; both units can handle this format, The Mits is using DCDi by Fj, the 755 will use the SI 504; both are excellent deinterlacer/scaler IMO;

As you write, let the internal scaler of the pj doing the job; feed the pj with deinterlaced signals. When you will feed the 755 with 525p, the builtin deinterlacer will be bypassed. From the Mits I donßt know exactly, but I think he will do the same.

But there are also some differences between both units.

When you have a look at the specs, the Mits have less contrast. I assume, that here the old DMD chip with 10° will work. In the 755 the new DMD with 12° will be used,(but with the old surface.) One reason for the higher contrast and of course a better black level of the 755 than the Mits.

Also the Mits is missing a DVI input while the 755 will have one. this will be important for the future IMO.

and the 755 will be have less noise than the Mits.

As a personal recommendation, take the 755; but the best will be, getting a demo of the 755, than you will see

hb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.