AVS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the Qore demo is any indication, this game sucks major balls. It has floaty-gun-syndrome, the mechs handle and shoot like ass, and the framerate is horrendous and is constantly in flux. The demo was basically boring and handled like ****. If anybody buys this game, I will fly to your house, knock down your door, tell you that I know somebody that can fix your door, and then hit you in the groin with a sledgehammer.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,619 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martez /forum/post/15574567


If the Qore demo is any indication, this game sucks major balls. It has floaty-gun-syndrome, the mechs handle and shoot like ass, and the framerate is horrendous and is constantly in flux. The demo was basically boring and handled like ****. If anybody buys this game, I will fly to your house, knock down your door, tell you that I know somebody that can fix your door, and then hit you in the groin with a sledgehammer.

So...you like it






I am not impressed so far either. Played about 15 minutes worth over lunch and upon exiting the game, contemplated deleting the demo...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martez /forum/post/15574567


If the Qore demo is any indication, this game sucks major balls. It has floaty-gun-syndrome, the mechs handle and shoot like ass, and the framerate is horrendous and is constantly in flux. The demo was basically boring and handled like ****. If anybody buys this game, I will fly to your house, knock down your door, tell you that I know somebody that can fix your door, and then hit you in the groin with a sledgehammer.

If I just threaten to buy the game, will you instead settle for giving me the amount of that potential plane ticket in cash in return for my acquiescence?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by funsocaltiger /forum/post/15574627


If I just threaten to buy the game, will you instead settle for giving me the amount of that potential plane ticket in cash in return for my acquiescence?

That would only be fair if you agreed to squish one of your testicles with a tack hammer.


How do you do the annual Qore subscription thing anyway? I've only seen the option to buy them individually.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubBucket /forum/post/15574699


How do you do the annual Qore subscription thing anyway? I've only seen the option to buy them individually.

If you go to view by title and select Qore, the subscription option should be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kekborg /forum/post/15574601


So...you like it






I am not impressed so far either. Played about 15 minutes worth over lunch and upon exiting the game, contemplated deleting the demo...

Contemplated?! I deleted it right away. Waste of space.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
13,980 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martez /forum/post/15574567


If the Qore demo is any indication, this game sucks major balls. It has floaty-gun-syndrome, the mechs handle and shoot like ass, and the framerate is horrendous and is constantly in flux. The demo was basically boring and handled like ****. If anybody buys this game, I will fly to your house, knock down your door, tell you that I know somebody that can fix your door, and then hit you in the groin with a sledgehammer.

Well if Frank J. Cone still lives in New York, you might have one cold ass trip
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,658 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubBucket /forum/post/15574699


That would only be fair if you agreed to squish one of your testicles with a tack hammer.


How do you do the annual Qore subscription thing anyway? I've only seen the option to buy them individually.

OT: Click on the major Qore icon. Not the individual episodes. It should give you the option for the annual sub. Not worth the money IMO. I'm not much of a gamer (ie - reading all the other gaming sites, ect.) so it is fun to watch for me, but I wouldn't miss it if I didn't have it. The free Calling all cars and special downloads are nice, but again not worth the money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
942 Posts
Thanks for the info. Guess I won't waste the bandwidth.


Another game where the developers should be dragged out to a back alley and beaten is Lord of the Rings: Conquest. Had great potential, but seems like it lacks direction.


Anyways, will save that for another thread.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,513 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgarner /forum/post/15576935


Thanks for the info. Guess I won't waste the bandwidth.


Another game where the developers should be dragged out to a back alley and beaten is Lord of the Rings: Conquest. Had great potential, but seems like it lacks direction.


Anyways, will save that for another thread.

I downloaded LOTR, but never installed it. I have been watching too many BD's and playing WOW. I have to get back into some PS3 gaming as it is a damn shame the PS3 can play BD's and do other things so well and then I have less time to game.



I guess I will avoid FEAR 2 as well.


Wasn't OCt, Nov, and Dec. good like it is all and now nothing for good games coming out?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughmc /forum/post/15576989


I downloaded LOTR, but never installed it. I have been watching too many BD's and playing WOW. I have to get back into some PS3 gaming as it is a damn shame the PS3 can play BD's and do other things so well and then I have less time to game.



I guess I will avoid FEAR 2 as well.


Wasn't OCt, Nov, and Dec. good like it is all and now nothing for good games coming out?

Well, Killzone 2 is coming out next month I believe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,335 Posts
I liked it. And the mech handled fine. I won't be plunking down 60 bones for it but I'll sure as hell rent it. The weapons weren't balanced (assault rifles takes a full clip to kill a mob yet a sniper shot to the pinky toe causes a gibfest) but it made me jump a couple times and I really dug the mech portion. And no, I never played the first FEAR.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,303 Posts
Hey, any of you guys that hated this demo, actually played the first part of F.E.A.R.? Just wondering b/c I loved the first part which I played on my PC so if the game is any bit the same as part one, I will be buying it (for the PC of course) ... squished balls n' all
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
I enjoyed the demo. The only problem I had was once I approached the exit from the subway area half of the audio cut out. At first I thought it was just some effect due to the psychic powers but after a while it became apparent that it wasn't intentional.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martez /forum/post/15574567


If the Qore demo is any indication, this game sucks major balls. It has floaty-gun-syndrome, the mechs handle and shoot like ass, and the framerate is horrendous and is constantly in flux. The demo was basically boring and handled like ****. If anybody buys this game, I will fly to your house, knock down your door, tell you that I know somebody that can fix your door, and then hit you in the groin with a sledgehammer.

You've just taken the first step in confirming gslides opinion about Killzone 2!. Killzone 2 - there is no substitute!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungwader /forum/post/15580891


I enjoyed the demo. The only problem I had was once I approached the exit from the subway area half of the audio cut out. At first I thought it was just some effect due to the psychic powers but after a while it became apparent that it wasn't intentional.

Yea, I had the same problem. The simple solution is to restart to your last saved checkpoint. This problem should and better be fixed in the final release. Im a fan FEAR and I want to know the rest of the story in Project Origin, but I dont think i'd consider playing it on the ps3 as the performace hit is terrible. I'll most likely get it for PC. Very fun demo nonetheless.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,658 Posts
I never played the first one. But I didn't mind the demo either. I thought is was at the very least, interesting and freaky with the paranormal. Although it really isn't my type of story, game play wasn't all that bad. Yes the mechanics of the guns/mech could be improved. Yes the sound cut out too. But in then end, for me I give it a 3/5. Average. Nut my cup of tea, but I'm sure some will enjoy it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,478 Posts
I've noticed something odd with the demo. My controller is defaulting to "Controller 2" since I have a dongle plugged into my PS3. If I start the FEAR 2 demo, and then change the controller to "controller 1," my R2 button doesn't work for firing my gun. I have to restart the demo with the controller set correctly, and then everything works fine.


Strange.


I think the demo is okay, but I don't see this game making it's way into the rotation with Killzone 2 coming out. I can only afford one whore at a time.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top